Swanbourne Primary School is a Government Public School for students in Kindergarten - 6. Students reside in the Catchment area are guaranteed an enrolment at the school. In Western Australia, as of 2013, school is compulsory from Pre-primary. Evidence of your child’s age is required when submitting an application to enrol your child in a public school.
The first step to enrol your child into Swanbourne Primary School is to complete an 'Application for Enrolment' form. Once your child's enrolment has been accepted, you will then be required to complete our official enrolment documentation.
Evidence of your child’s age is required when submitting an application to enrol your child in a public school. This evidence includes:
*Birth certificate or extract of birth and/or passport and/or visa if applicable.
*Family Court orders
*Medical records where applicable (e.g. asthma, allergies)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE
- principals may accept a maximum of three of the following as evidence of residential address:
- utilities payment advice
- lease agreement -minimum lease of three months
- proof of ownership of property (for example rates notice, deeds, mortgage)
- drivers licence
and statutory declaration. School age calculator click here
Should you wish to have a tour of our school before commencing the enrolment process please contact the school. If possible we request that tours are conducted between 9.30am and 2.30pm as the office can be very busy at the commencement and end of each school day. We do understand however that these times may not suit all people due to other commitments.
KINDERGARTEN & PRE-PRIMARY ENROLMENTS 2018
Friday 21 July is an important date in your child’s education
Families need to apply to enrol their children in a public school for 2018 if they are:
- starting Pre-primary (first year of compulsory school) – 5 years old by 30 June 2018
- starting Year 7 (first year of secondary school)
- changing schools.
Families can also apply to enrol children in Kindergarten for 2018 if they are 4 years old by 30 June 2018.
All children from Pre-primary to Year 12 are guaranteed a place at their local public school.
To apply to enrol your child, visit your local school by Friday 21 July 2017.
For more information or to find your local school visit web site of the Education Department.
2018 Kindergarten tours can be booked through Administration on 9253 5300
KINDERGARTEN AND COMMUNITY KINDERGARTEN – pre-compulsory schooling If the number of children applying to enrol at a Kindergarten or Community Kindergarten with a local-intake area exceeds the number of available places, enrolments are prioritised in this order:
1. A child who lives in the local-intake area of the school, who has a sibling enrolled at the school for that year and who lives closest to the Kindergarten.
2. A child who lives in the local-intake area of the school, who does not have a sibling enrolled at the school for that year and who lives closest to the Kindergarten.
3. A child who does not live in the local-intake area of the school, who has a sibling enrolled at the school for that year and who lives closest to the Kindergarten.
4. A child who does not live in the local-intake area of the school, who does not have a sibling enrolled at the school for that year and who lives closest to the Kindergarten.
If the number of applications exceeds the number of available places at a Kindergarten or the Kindergarten’s local school is not a local-intake school, priority for enrolment is given to children who live closest to the Kindergarten.
For further information please click here
Select the appropriate application below: